[Clipart] How d I download the full version

Stephan Beal stephan at wanderinghorse.net
Wed Aug 8 18:29:17 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 08 August 2007, Jon Phillips wrote:
> Yes, btw, the main reason of our last server problems from fd.o was
> that our package downloads were hammering the site...
>
> So, if you really want all files currently, slurp the /people
> and /contests folder and /incoming for .svg ;)
>
> Yes, we need help on this? I need to resolve the issue on having a
> mirrors setup on our downloads, which is just stuck with me as the
> bottleneck once more...yes, need more helpers please :)

One extreme solution would be to offer the large download only (or
primarily) via torrents. As a secondary option, offer to sell CDs,
perhaps via subscription (2x-4x yearly). Of course, there's quite an
administrative overhead involved in that, but it could probably be
farmed out.

--
----- stephan beal
http://www.wanderinghorse.net