[Clipart] SVG standards question

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Wed Aug 22 10:35:08 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Question regarding the svg standards and features.  I notice that
some of the features that Inkscape has added are not supported by any
of my other applications (browsers and Adobe illustrator CS3).  I
know Illustrator saves and reads SVG 1.1 and I think that is the
latest standard.  Can i assume that the features especially certain
gradient and transparency effects are beyond currents standards?  If
so would it be appropriate to mark the files here in OCAL as such.
Seems they will be beyond many people's ability to support and will
look different than intended in many cases.

Thanks,

John  Olsen