[Clipart] A cartography initiative? Who backs me?

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Thu Dec 6 23:15:34 PST 2007

Recently a thread on the Inkscape users list about creating maps and the
level on interest people are showing gave me an idea about a cartography
initiative.
I am thinking here about something like "the month of cartography",
where everyone is invited to submit map symbols (be it fantasy,
historic, sci-fi, realistic), adding "cartography" as one of the
keywords, run it for a month with a lot of PR and at the end count the
submissions. I think it could be called a success if we can gather at
least 500 images (which I think is perfectly doable).

If at least two other people backs me and pledge to contribute clipart,
I am ready to start it (and I pledge *at least* 50 clipart images,
including  my images revived from the old site).

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/