[Clipart] Re: [Inkscape-devel] Animation mocksups

Andy Fitzsimon andyfitz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 01:14:41 PST 2007

> Whoa, that would be a curious thing to run a competition for...mockups
> of future inkscape features...We could provide some graphical widgets in
> SVG and challenge ppl. to make mockups of what Inkscape could look like,
> new features, etc, to push developers and designers...
>
> What would the incentive be and/or reward for a winner?

I dunno mate,

Personally competitions just dont work. For me at least.

All contributions are useful.  especially ugly ones because the person
hasnt the got the abilty to gloss things up but is willing to put in
their time to communicate a point.

John bayers fedora concept submission was a great example of this.  It
had a message and needed developing.'

I think it would be great to hold a drive or fortnight/week whatever.
where all submissions get put on their own wikipage for the user to
rationalise.

It sounds sensitive to say,  but competitions can be intimidating and
we want as much as possible.