[Clipart] [Cctools-cchost] function for generating png thumbnails from svg files

Roan Horning roan at horning.us
Mon Nov 5 04:55:48 PST 2007

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Roan Horning wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the info!  Do you have any opinions on how well ImageMagic
>> handles svg conversions?
>>
> Not good enough for the images in our library (i.e. no support for SVG
> filters).

Thanks for the input Nicu. I will proceed using exec calls to inkscape.
I will isolate the exec calls as much as possible so that we can replace
them in the future with something else.

I did a little research into making a PHP interface for inkscape. I
found that there is an inkscape interface for perl and python, and they
use software called SWIG to help create the wrappers needed. SWIG
supports PHP, so that might be a relatively painless route to take in
the future.

Roan