[Clipart] clipart files

Mohamed Ibrahim mibrahim at mibrahim.net
Fri Nov 23 13:20:03 PST 2007

Hi Roan,

I was just thinking of the tags idea this morning and my goal was easier
browsing, and I was thinking of how to do it on the fly. One thing that
helps is that I have the frequency of every tag stored in the tag row,
so that would tell me if that tag is generic or very specific. So my
imagination is that I would start by selecting the most frequent n (15
for example) used tags. As you open a branch, you would have two
selects, one will return all the ClipIDs having every tag (or a stem of
a tag) through the branch, then the outer select will select every tag
that appeared in those Clips and not any of the parents. I wanted to
test this idea and see how fast is it before considering one complicated
select with aliases, which can also be done.

I believe this way is much neater and usable than the tag clouds, and
helps to give the website some structure.

I can certainly take this first. So My current time plan, I'm working
now on an openoffice addon that directly embeds pictures, and I have a
proof of concept that links PNGs in openoffice writer from the "basket"
link of every user, and I will give that till Monday to make it insert
ODGs. I will go through the ccHost code during the week, so may be on
the weekend dec 1/2 I can have something to share on it. So I would
definitely like to handle the tags tree project. I also joined the
ccHost list, tanks for the URL.

Best Regards,
Mohamed