[Clipart] OCAL/Wikimedia Commons

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 17:19:21 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm a user at Wikimedia Commons. I am big fan of OpenClipart so the
recent discussion was quite interesting to me. :)

There is a fair bit of OCAL content in Commons already, over 600 files
at least. Almost all our SVG flags I guess, playing cards, and other
random bits and bobs that people take a fancy to. (
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:PD_OpenClipart )

Whether you guys decide if merging into Wikimedia Commons would be in
OCAL's best interests or not, I think it would be possibly interesting
and useful to maybe look at ways we can cross over the SVG-creating
communities more. Probably there is some overlap already.

cheers,
Brianna
(user:pfctdayelise at Wikimedia Commons)

http://modernthings.org/