[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 43, Issue 21

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Mon Oct 29 23:02:50 PDT 2007

On Oct 29, 2007, at 10:41 PM, Ryan Lerch wrote:

> John Olsen wrote:
>>

>> I went ahead and just reposted my submissions that are in http://
>> download.openclipart.org/downloads/openclipart-
>> incoming-2007-02-05.tar.gz
>>
>> Would it be reasonable for those here that are still active to go
>> through the incoming folder and just repost them?  That could cut
>> the  1400 files in there down quite a bit.  The recovered folder
>> files  folder I just went through was relatively easy as all the
>> PNGs were  generated and it was only about 500-600 SVGs that were
>> all in pretty  good shape.  The incoming folder is a much bigger
>> job and it would  help if people can take ownership of their
>> images and repost them.   We can tally them on the roadmap
>>
>> http://openclipart.org/wiki/Roadmap
>>

>> Thanks, John
>>

> I think it may be helpful if we broke this down into archives of
> about say 50-100 SVG's, and document them on the wiki, so each of
> us can go through and manually upload a archive of them, it may be
> simpler to keep track of rather than as a whole set...

I agree.  But it also seems the most straight forward way when
possible is for the people who made them to upload their own.
Certainly for people who submitted a lot of files. But that's an
ideal and not everyone is willing or able to do that.  Those chunks
of files will reduce the workload, then I think 50-100 file chunks
is a great idea.

> im willing to help out with this as well...
>
> did we come to any consensus of what to do with the old clipart
> when the artist does not have an account on ccHost?
>
> cheer,s
>
> ryanlerch

I talked with Jon about this and I repacked the openclipart-zerobyte-
recovery-2006-Mar-21.tar.bz2 files ( after cleaning them up) into
folders by author.  He was going to think about how to upload them
preserving the author.  I've left that to him, not knowing anything
about the code.  But the archive is ready to be uploaded when I get
someone tells me where.

John Olsen