[Clipart] [Fwd: svg "impossible mission"]

Roan Horning roan at horning.us
Tue Oct 30 18:14:19 PDT 2007

Hi,

The problem is caused by the module I'm using that parses the svg file.
When I use the getid3 demo page I get the following error:

Processing . . . .
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
/var/www/cchost/getid3/getid3/extension.parse.xml.php on line 3293

This module works by parsing an xml file, and creating a large array to
represent the document object model (DOM) of the file. This particular
svg file has a large number of objects, and I'm guessing it's either
causing a memory issue which is hanging the system longer than php
likes, or it is just taking to long to parse and create the DOM tree.

I don't know if the "Maximum execution time" is a general php setting or
something in the module code itself. My guess is it is a general php
setting, which if set to a longer time may resolve the issue for this
graphic.

Either way, it looks like I will need to find a different method/library
for parsing and validating our svg files to better handle SVG files
comprised of large numbers of objects.

Its a great piece, perhaps the quick and dirty way to get it into cchost
is to have the artist submit a simple svg file of the same name, and
then one of the sysadmins can replace the simple file with the actual
one on the server via some other file transfer method. As long as getid3
is only run files during the upload process, this shouldn't cause a problem.

Thanks,

Roan