[Clipart] Xara working with Inkscape

Greg Bulmash oneminuteinspirations at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 23:55:19 PDT 2007

Before you get excited, read this...

http://www.linux.com/feature/119790

"On October 11, 2005, proprietary software maker Xara announced its
plans to open the source code to its flagship vector graphics package
Xara Xtreme, and with the help of community developers port it to Linux.
Today, two years later, the project is stagnant and on the verge of
irrelevance..."

Then again, it's been 7+ months since the last stable release of
Inkscape.  I won't use the dev versions anymore.  The last time I did, I
spent an hour on a drawing only to watch Inkscape crash when I tried to
save it.

So while this may be neat news, it's of little consequence.  Xara's
regarded as dead and Inkscape may keep announcing new features, but
they're as worthless as snot until they're part of a stable release.

- Greg