[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 42, Issue 18

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Tue Sep 18 09:15:39 PDT 2007

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:45:51 +1000
> From: "Adam Pearson" <munmorah at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Clipart] downloading with firefox
> To: Clipart <clipart at lists.freedesktop.org>
>
> Is it just me or is it not possible to download svg images with
> Firefox except by a roundabout way, and not possible to download other
> formats at all?
>
> Firefox can be made to save a svg file as a page.  All you can do with
> other formats is save as a htm file.
>
> Is this me being an idiot again?

One more note:  I tested this on all the browsers I had and they
vary.  Firefox and Safari have the same options.  Since Safari is
Apple software I suspect both use system calls.  Opera and Camino
offer less and different options similar to the options I sometimes
get with Firefox.  IE is so outdated on the Mac that it can't even
handle the file types.

John