[Clipart] preview thumbnails in title

Jon Phillips jon at creativecommons.org
Mon Apr 7 01:07:34 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 12:15 +0100, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
> Jon,
>
> one very good reason, is monomania.
>
> eg inkscape has become so large it is difficult or impossible to
> repurpose.
> "Child friendly version"  3 years old bug and counting
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/170488

Actually, kidscape is coming real soon! Plus, there is a plan towards
modularing inkscape more...just need humans to help push it :)

> Also, it can be much easier to beta test with small working modules.
> eg a test for title working within a few minutes, as against
> understanding ccHost and inkscape which may be many days work.

True true...but, starting new things means starting new communities
often times, which is quite hard and time consuming...both of which
Inkscape and Open Clip Art Library have...OCAL suffers from not enough
cooks in the kitchen, or rather that is not precise...more like not
enough engineers making tools and hardware for the cooks to use :) There
are tons of people eating and many cooks!

> in all probability, given consensus, the code will be incorporated
> into ccHost.
> However it's important to remain aware that different communities may
> have different needs.

Totally!

> so please take a look at http://www.iconomy.org if only to try and
> understand the intended outcomes.

Ok, I plan to do before we meetup in london on WED :) Other Open Clip
Art Library friends might be into this too!

Jon