[Clipart] LGM 2008 Attendance MAY 8 - 11 in Wroclaw, Poland

Jon Phillips jon at creativecommons.org
Mon Apr 7 01:50:28 PDT 2008

Hi all, I'd like to get a list of core contributors from
openfontlibrary.org and openclipart.org who are planning to attend
LGM2008 and/or speak at the conference. Please provide your full name,
email address, where you are coming from and real or close estimate cost
of travel, along with how much you estimate you need sponsorship to
cover.

Sorry, this is coming a bit late now, but I want to make sure to get
numbers out as soon as possible...also, if you planning to attend,
please book travel now as it is only going to get more expensive.

The last 2 LGMs fully covered core developers and speakers sponsorship
requests and I'm all involved in making sure funds are raised enough to
make this a reality. However, there is the possibility that full
coverage may not happen...speakers will more than likely get priority,
and then the funds will be evenly distributed up to a percentage for
developers...

Please try to get me estimates by THURSDAY 5 PM PST of this week so I
can turn them around to the LGM2008 organizers.

Here is more info from an email Louis sent out about the process:

What has been done in the past 2 editions is to sponsor the
developpers
and speakers for travel expenses (flights, trains or buses) in equal
percentage for each to the height of the total sponsorship gathered by
the organisation. Luckily enough, this percentage has been 100% so far
but we never know and can't promise it will be like that this year. We
depend on our sponsors. Thus, we kindly ask that travellers make their
decision as early as possible so they can get low prices on economy
flights. This will ensure we can help more people get to LGM, which is
great!!!

Each participating team leader hands a list of developers who will
attend LGM, including an estimated cost of their travel fees. A calc
sheet is great for this. As we get closer to the event, we insist that
we get the exact price. When the reimbursement time comes (be aware
that
it can take up to 4 months), we need a proof of purchase — it can be a
PDF file of the e-ticket or a scan or whatever! as long as we have
something reliable to support the sponsorship needed. While I am at it,
please note that we also need the full name (no nicks, please!) and
address, as well as all banking info including SWIFT or IBAN numbers in
the case the reimbursement is a wire-transfer. We ask that each team
determine who's in charge of this list to help the LGM organisers.
Organising the LGM does take time and any help is warmly welcomed!

Please send this information directly to Kamila Giedrojc from the GIMP
team, who's the official organiser of this third edition.

http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2008/index.php?lang=en&action=home

Don't forget to register yourself! Click on that button! :)

Cheers all! Look forward to seeing some of you at LGM2008!

San Francisco, CA
CHINA PH +86 1-360-282-8624
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org