[Clipart] OSUOSL Latest

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Dec 9 08:44:21 PST 2008

Hi all, I just talked with Ramareth from OSUOSL about their latest. They
have been backlogged on tasks and want to now move Create, Open Clip Art
Library and Open Font Library to their own Virtual Machine running
Gentoo.

This is great for us since we will have more flexibility, can install
software, etc. We won't have root, but much more control

This won't effect the current plans with Admin / Dev / SVN accounts, but
more about our day-to-day and if we need custom software.

Our sites put something like 80% load on the infrastructure they are on
now, so moving to VM will put us on their cluster infrastructure so they
can add more blades as need be....cool!

Cheers all!

San Francisco + Beijing
GLOBAL +1.415.830.3884