[Clipart] No pictures?

rygle pittos at post.com
Thu Feb 7 21:10:17 PST 2008

Teodor-Toma Silvestru Muntean wrote:

>  Clipart must be SVG (vector art) not embeded or linked bitmap (the red
> cross is a linked bitmap object - it can't be show because the bitmap file
> can not be find by the source-line, if you make the bitmap EMBEDED the
> pictures will display, but ISN'T valid clipart, AGAIN the files must be
> VECTOR).

I think you'll find the problem is that Inkscape just doesn't embed the
bitmaps by default. Embedding bitmaps is not ideal because it makes a large
file, however it is possible.

I added a section to the Inkscape FAQ just recently to explain this, and to
offer some solutions. See
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#Images_in_my_document_disappear_and_I_get_.22Linked_Image_Not_Found.22.
here

Anyway, OCAL does have trouble uploading files over 500Kb, or so I believe.
That would probably make it hard to upload files that were too big,
including images with embedded bitmaps.