[Clipart] Packaging the clipart for Fedora

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Fri Feb 15 07:51:06 PST 2008

An openclipart package (based on release 0.18 of course) is reviewed for
inclusion into Fedora, so I, as a known contributor to OCAL, was asked
for my opinion about this. One the questions was obviously about a newer
package (0.18 is from October 2005, practically ancient) and our plans
about that.

Please correct me if I was wrong, but AFAIK there is *no way* to extract
the files from ccHost (other than me logging into the server and copying
the "people" directory structure over scp).

How about us setting a cron job to make a tarball from the entire
"people" directory tree and serve is a downloadable package? (it will
lack tags and structure, but is an easy way to serve the images in bulk)

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/