[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 50, Issue 6

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Mon May 12 12:24:48 PDT 2008

> -----------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 08:27:04 +0000 (UTC)
> From: noreply at openclipart.org
> Subject: [Clipart] [Open Clip Art Library] No way to download svg file
> 	with	Firefox 2.0.0.7 for Mac 10.3.9 PPC
> To: clipart at lists.freedesktop.org
>

> After I open the box that says "IE: Right-click select 'Save Target
> As'
> Mac: Control-click select 'Save Link As'", I right click on the svg
> file button and choose "Salva destinazione con nome" (the italian
> translation of Save target as, or similar), but all I can save is a
> web page, not a svg file.

I always find it more reliable to render the svg inside the browser
then control click the image and do a save as... This also gives the
true file name and not its file system number.

Sometimes I still have a problem saving the SVG from its rendered page
in Firefox.   It seems like there might be two competing interfaces
going on here.  A work around I have found is to move the mouse around
to different areas of the svg image.  Sometimes you get a different
menu than in other parts of the page.

You also might want to try the latest version of Safari.  It has far
better SVG support than Firefox 2 does now.

Hope that helps.

John Olsen