[Clipart] mihmo: Deviant Art doesn't understand what public domain means?

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon Oct 6 01:47:29 PDT 2008

A colleague of mine (from Fedora Art) created a set of GIMP brushes with
a "pirates" theme (around the "talk like a pirate day") using images
from Open Clip Art Library.

She listed all the source images used, with links to the sources at
openclipart.org and mentioned our PD license. Well, that was not "good",
someone reported the submission and a "staff member" reviewed the
complaint and deleted it for "copyright violation", read all the
details: http://mihmo.livejournal.com/63167.html

I think it is important for our (OCAL) credibility and the problem may
come from the images vectorized by "johnny automatic" (in that
particular case, some *really old*, out-of-copyright drawings).

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/