[Clipart] [Cctools-cchost] SVN changed and updated

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Tue Mar 3 10:27:25 PST 2009

This has very likely changed in the last ~16 months, but this was a
draft of an extract created for
http://pml.wikidot.com/local--files/working-papers/Remix_Culture_Web_Version.pdf
... I think the version actually used was pruned further.

create table cc_tbl_user_publiconly select user_id, user_name,
user_image, user_description, user_homepage, user_registered,
user_favorites, user_whatilike, user_whatido, user_lookinfor,
user_num_remixes, user_num_remixed, user_num_uploads, user_score,
user_num_scores, user_rank, user_num_reviews, user_num_reviewed,
user_num_posts, user_language, user_quota from cc_tbl_user;

./mysqldump -u mixter --password=XXXXXX
--ignore-table=mixter.cc_tbl_activity_log
--ignore-table=mixter.cc_tbl_activity_log_temp
--ignore-table=mixter.cc_tbl_activity_log_teru
--ignore-table=mixter.cc_tbl_activity_log_victor
--ignore-table=mixter.cc_tbl_user --ignore-table=mixter.mixter_survey
mixter > ~/ccmixter-publiconly-20080102.sql

I think Victor is offline right now, but here's a copy of his standard
rant about taking too much from this data:

"There are many community specific aspects to the choices made by our
users that can not be drawn from the data simply because the text in
the tables can only go so far in describing what the users are
actually reacting to when making decisions about what samples to
re-use. For example you may determine that uploads tagged
acappella+female_vocals+meloday get remixed more than
acappella+male_vocals+spoken_word but you'll never be able to detect
is that women who "belt" the vocals will almost never get remixed even
if they are exactly on pitch and in sync. Whereas a breathy "sexy"
vocal will get dozens or hundreds of remixes even if out of tune and
hard to sync to a back beat. That's just one example (one that hits
you over the head once you actually listen to the tracks) but there
are many other factors (social: celebrity, friendships, aural: no
reverb vs. lots of reverb, etc.)"

 http://support.creativecommons.org help us
 build http://creativecommons.org/asharedculture