[Clipart] drive towards 10,000

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Mar 9 10:02:17 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
>>
>> But yes, we should think of ways to increase the contributions...blog
>> postings by us all will really help...then, good ole fashioned clip
>> art creation :)
>
> I blogged like crazy (not always 100% positive :p but I was sincere...)
> and  uploaded 80 images, with another 75 ready to go (which will mark
> the end of my import from the old site).
>
>> LGM fundraising is going sloooowwww too :) But hey, we've increased
>> the awareness, amount of submissions, and are pumping some energy into
>> the project, which is really great!
>>
>> If you have any strategies or ideas anyone, would love to talk about...
>
> I was hopping some more old contributors will join the drive and play...
> you know, we need about 500 more images, this is like 50 people
> contributing 10 images each, 10 people contributing 50 images each or
> even 100 people with 5 images each...

That's a good way to pitch it...if we can get this site redesign up
and release the 0.19 package with press, we will get a lot of new
contributors. Oh, and thumbnails ;) All this is being worked on
actively and am pretty confident each one of those will boost things
mucho.

> Maybe we can "cheat" with some more imports from the old site?

Ah yes, we could! Every organization does this fudging for
goals...because nothing worse for morale than not hitting a goal...

Jon

http://rejon.org/