[Clipart] Fwd: Copyleft, Public Domain, Copyright

Schrijver eric at authoritism.net
Tue Mar 31 01:52:35 PDT 2009

I think current copyright legislation is kinda cool.
It provides protection to the individual.

Old copyright legislation in the US sucked bad,
I think it is partly the reason the media industry could get the
amount of power it had; because it could circumvent actually paying
the creators.

Possibilities for nastyness, court games and powerpolitics are IMHO
now to be found outside of copyright, elsewhere, I guess, like the
Millenium Act in the US, and the proposed saving of all surfing data
within the European Union.

But I do not see how copyright in itself is hampering progress; I
think it is the lack of knowledge of the general public that is; once
you start to see copyright as a right attributed to your self, it
becomes another way of empowerment.

Op 31 mrt 2009, om 10:30 heeft chovynz het volgende geschreven: