[Clipart] help us submit more cliparts!!!

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Apr 7 12:00:56 PDT 2010

Well, we aren't quite at 30K cliparts, but a quick way we can boost up to
30K is to add from external sources!

http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/Clipart_Acquisition

Its easy!

1. Find some source at that link like a PDF
1.5 confirm the source is actually released into the public domain for each
image.
2. Open each page in Inkscape
3. extract out the good drawings already vector
4. save each one to a separate file, preferably with page number and source
in the file name
5. When all done, upload to http://openclipart.org/multiupload making sure
to add the source url in the description
6. Use <strike>...</strike> to strike thru already uploaded clipart. Add a
link to the clipart if applicable and/or the tag you used.
7. Keep on going!!!

Its fun! Funnn!!!

Brad, can you integrate this into an upcoming blog post please...

http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/
http://status.net/
http://rejon.status.net + skype: kidproto