[Clipart] August2010 Clip Art Package & future suggestions

Leonardo Cunha laobcunha at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 18:09:17 PDT 2010

Brad,

I like the idea of "outdoor sports" or even "sports". The "sports2010" tag
looks good, I am not sure about "outdoor_sports_2010", maybe it is too long.
This is only my opinion...

Maybe I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that if the themes are well
announced, more people will participate, even if there is no "extra glory".
Any way, I am not against the rewards.

About the reward based on the number of downloads, it is important to
remember two things:
1) as you said, the images submitted first probably will get more hits;
2) as I previously noted, users can easily increase a counter by refreshing
the clipart page or using software to do that.

The idea of using quantity and quality of submissions as criteria are
viable. Maybe a balance between the two. Or even two separate results: the
best clipart and the user that submitted more cliparts.

A poll or some kind of rating system would be great to choose the best
clipart.

Best regards,
Leonardo Cunha