[Clipart] Competition: Icons for OpenStreetMap.org

jon at rejon.org jon at rejon.org
Fri Jul 30 23:36:27 PDT 2010

Is anyone interested in running this competition/community drive manager?

We really need someone to help us keep these moving forward. Is there
anyone out there? Logo contests are fun, but not as helpful for our
collection as something like openstreetmap or another contest I have
queued up with wikihow.com to illustrate howto articles.

This is a really great role to take on, and will beef up your
resume...great! Let us know, or message bassel and I offlist to talk
about this...we want to get this competition launched very soon! And,
we need a leader :)

Jon

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Bassel Safadi <bassel.safadi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Matthias,
> the icons and logos project looks interesting. is there any deadline for this?  who wants to manage/judge this from your side?
> we need someone from OCAL to step forward and manage this contest? anyone wanna do?
> Cheers,
> 2010/7/25 Matthias Meißer <digi_c at arcor.de>
>>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I'm from the OpenStreetMap project, that aims to create a free worldmap using wiki approach by collecting roads with consumer GPS receivers and making notes. This works by 250.00 users ;)
>>
>> This week we try to fill the gaps in our icon librarys
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Project_of_the_week/2010/Jul_25
>>
>> Might this be a cool task for you? Would be great if we can get more professional assistance :)
>>
>> kind regards from Germany
>> Matthias
>

> --
> Bassel Safadi