[Clipart] Towards April 2010 Release of OCAL 2.1

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Mar 20 10:56:52 PDT 2010

Hey all, we are about a week and half from doing our next release!
Man, its been a great month since then, right? Our traffic is thru the
roof, the site is getting better, uploads are up, but we can't stop
here! We should keep on our mission to make the largest collection of
public domain cliparts out there in the world!

So, checking out the roadmap right now, we are at: Release 2.1 Grow Community

We've completed:

* Import old site and test (michi + rejon + bassel)
* Move bugs to new launchpad tracker used for OCAL 2.0
* Update wiki with documentation about latest on website
** Remove references to ccHost and replace with Aiki
* Port over all [[Talk:New_version_development]] to proper pages
* Be able to delete files!
* have password recovery!

We have these features targeting for the release. Bassel, can you
comment on them?

** Add back Examples page and way to upload examples or links to
examples on the web to also show what we doing
** Add back a system for uploading bitmap or SVG and tag as a request
so that others can connect up
** Reconnect up remixes or showing connection between files
** Be able to unpublish uploaded files while they get reviewed, along
with notifying the admins of this, and giving 24 hours to either a
user to make their case or delete a file with
notification...automatically...that would be sweet!
** provide more ways for people to help out on the project (rejon)

Then, we have some admin tasks:

* Upgrade OCAL Wiki from 1.6.8 version to latest Mediawiki version.
[http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading Upgrading
Manual](Rejon, or another Super-Admin)

* Document openclipart and aiki framework (ronnie)

* '''Enable upload by multiple files and various archive formats''' (bassel)
* '''Import Archived Images''' - Import all the images from (bassel)
** https://bugs.launchpad.net/openclipart/+bug/530427

* announcement (bradphillips)
* Gather announcements (bradhillips)
* Move over remaining orphaned artwork from original site.  Progress
is here http://openclipart.org/wiki/Authorlist (JohnnyAutomatic,
Chovynz)
** Clip Art Goal: 30,000 clipart!
** clipart of the month (bradphillips)
* Do package release (ronaldo)

###

So, what could use some help from someone,and if you help we'll link
to you in our announcement and post and support!

* Close out and move over top critical / blocker bugs on
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?product=openclipart.org to
https://launchpad.net/openclipart

As always, any of our roadmap items are open for hacking and helping.
We need your help towards the launch! Please keep submitting cliparts
and lets get the word out!

http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/
internet: @rejon + skype: kidproto