[Clipart] More nsfw stuff

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Mon May 3 18:11:51 PDT 2010

G'day,

There are two issues here:

(i) NSFW images --- I agree that we should flag them, and that they
should not be shown by default.  On the other hand, I don't actually
think that seeing a picture of a naked person is so traumatic, so I
see no reason not to include NSFW pictures in the collection.
However, to make the collection accessible to schools, I think it is
fine to tag even borderline cases as nsfw.  My experience with schools
and online dictionaries is that what will actually happen is that kids
will search for everything tagged with nsfw, but that is their choice.
  I think it is probably useful for things like the open-office
clipart repackaging to be able to filter out the NSFW images.

(ii) the particular image Naked Asian Lady 2 is a popular Japanese
porn star (I can't recall her name, but I am sure I have seen the face
before).   I very much doubt that the image creator has permission to
use it, so it should be flagged as a probable copyright violation.
I don't yet know how to do that, so could someone else please do so?
The face is so obscured in Naked Asian Lady that I think it is
probably OK,  but IANAL.

Yours,

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies