[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 74, Issue 26

Oleg Koptev koptev.oleg at gmail.com
Mon May 10 21:29:57 PDT 2010

I have question to someone strong in copyright issues.

As we all know - some fonts are copyrighted and need to be paying when
applies in commercial use cases.
And OCAL rules from the other side allow any use of clipart.
So I think my question is obvious - converted to paths or not - will some
exotic and/or easily recognizable font lead to potential copyright problems?

#2 thought - I think will be great if author will give a name of font he/she
used when it need to be not converted to outline. In case of open-source
font (forgive me, but font licensing too far for me) there will be great if
link will be placed in comment also. Maybe little phrase about it should be
placed in guidelines?

Cheers, Oleg