[Clipart] To System Gods : You have a central HQ now + language thoughts

jon at rejon.org jon at rejon.org
Sun Jan 30 09:49:11 PST 2011

Cool! Can you put into the main ocal interface though . Great work!

Just please make sure to have a link to these things in our profiles
or somewhere so they don't get lost....you are doing really great work
chovynz!

Do these close some bugs in the lauchpad and/or can you file them and
close them. This is how we can write up the press and announcement
about releases.

Jon

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 9:08 AM, chovynz <chovynz at gmail.com> wrote:
> To System Gods and OCAL developers
>
> You now have a Headquarters.
> Check it out.
> http://www.openclipart.org/sysgodHQ
>
> It's slowly getting populated by the things we need to quickly see what we
> have available and what we need to use. Eventually this will probably be
> split into relevant sections and pages, but for now, it's doing it's job.
>
> Let me know what you think and how we could improve it.
>
> Languages
>
> One thing, While doing this I found the dictionary for aiki. It occurs to me
> that we could easily do something similar for the tags of all clipart in
> OCAL.
> e.g. User Preferences> Language select > German = ocal_users > language =
> german
> http://www.openclipart.org/detail/1033
> populate tag list with (select from tag_list where (language = (ocal_users >
> language ) and ((upload_name)) = clipart number = upload name
> english | fruit , apple , food , red
> german | Frucht , Äpfel , Lebensmittel , rot
> french | fruit, pomme, de la nourriture, rouge
>
> The benefit of this way as opposed to automatic translation, is later, when
> we are able to open up tag editing to the registered members, (If we choose
> to do that,) then people can put in their own tags in their own languages
> relevant TO that language.
>

> --Cheers
> Chovynz

http://rejon.org/ | http://fabricatorz.com/
chat/skype: kidproto | irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global) | +4915155318427 (berlin)