[Clipart] found this while surfing

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 23:24:19 PST 2011

@Tobias
Are you http://www.openclipart.org/user-detail/tobias ?

Ok, all three of you are now librarians.
Please visit http://www.openclipart.org/librarians. You will see some new
boxes that you couldn't before. Have a look and a play.

@Florian: If you have any questions just ask. It's pretty simple. Click on
the information you want to edit and click save.
@Jarod: It is enough if you only want to tag clipart. Every little bit helps
(And trust me, "only tagging" is not a small job! :) )

Offtopic: Perhaps while you guys are doing this, one of you could make some
librarian manuals for others who follow in your footsteps in becoming a
librarian? Just basically tell us what you do as a librarian and how, and
I'll put it up on the website as a manual. You can use svg, or jpg if you
wish, for images. There's also youtube embedding options as well, but you'll
need to let us know what you want.

Ontopic:
@ all Librarians: Ok, general run down.

   - If you find clipart that is violating copyright (including CC-BY and
   upwards), you can tag it with "pd_issue". This will activate the violating
   copyright overlay and warn others of the clipart legal status.
   - Comment on it, why it will be hidden and what you have tagged it with.
   (Pretty url's is breaking comments so you will need comment on the clipart
   the long way around. Once you find a violating clipart, click on the "direct
   link" that is on the cliparts detail page and you will go to the clipart
   direct link). Make your comment.
   - Click "Clipart visibility" and make it hidden.

There are other jobs that a librarian can do, but this is a basic one.

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 5:42 AM, Tobias Jakobs
<tobias.jakobs at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> all cliparts from ArtFavor should be blocked/removed, because it looks
> like he doesn't know what PD is. And he should get an personal mail.
>
> Regards,
> Tobias
>
> On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 17:18, Florian Emrich
> <florian.emrich at emrichmail.de> wrote:
> > I think that more than only this clip from artfavor is possibly stolen.
> >
> > For example this one
> > http://www.openclipart.org/detail/cartoon-sheep-by-artfavor is also in
> the
> > stock auf clipart.com.
> >
> http://www.clipart.com/en/close-up?o=4010764&memlevel=A&a=a&q=sheep&k_mode=a
> > ll&s=1&e=30&show=&c=&cid=&findincat=&g=&cc=&page=&k_exc=&pubid=

Cheers
Chovynz