[Clipart] Being accountable to you : what I did today.

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:39:43 PDT 2011

I'm being accountable to you, although I don't know how helpful this email
will be.

   - I've deleted a whole lot of clipart that has violated the upload
   policies and copyright violations.
   e.g. rss logos, ubuntu logos, a few debian logos, gnu logos, various
   other little tidbits and logos.
   - I've also tagged a whole bunch of clipart for remix_problem,
   - and comment_problem.
   - A number of either unhelpful comments have been deleted or hidden.
   - various bugs have been listed on LP
   - some clipart that was making xml errors appear, and have missing
   thumbnails I just deleted. No point having them around.
   - some cliparts that were hidden and not actioned on for a long time I
   also deleted. These were ones that weren't svgs or valid clipart.
   - I deleted some spam svg's e.g. that messcleaning user for jpg/png
   embedding as well as blatant advertising. I don't think OCAL or it's users
   are interested in companies advertising like that, and I view it as an abuse
   of the service OCAL provides.

In all I spent about 3 or 4 hours doing this stuff. I thought up some ways
of doing these jobs easier and faster. Having librarian action tracking
implemented would greatly help this sort of thing.

If anyone screams "where's my clipart gone?!?!?" point them my way.

--
Cheers
Chovynz