[Clipart] Clipart deleted was possibly Copyright

Iwan Gabovitch qubodup at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 23:46:54 PDT 2013

Hello and thanks for bringing this up,

I didn't understand the whole issue (mybe there was pre-dating discussion
about this before I joined the list) but I can point to info explaining how
less than 80 years old US works can be PD.

"Works published with notice of copyright or registered in unpublished form
on or after January 1, 1923, and prior to January 1, 1964, had to be
renewed during the 28th year of their first term of copyright to maintain
copyright for a full 95-year term. [...]  the vast majority of works
published in the United States before 1964 were never renewed for a second
copyright term."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain_in_the_United_States#Public_domain_in_copyrighted_works_in_the_United_States

Hope this helps,
Iwan