[Clipart] Misunderstanding about CC0/PD

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jul 5 01:24:47 PDT 2013

jcubic wrote:
> I'm agree with Gnokii no one can say that he create the work if they use
> PD/CC0 license work, because of Moral Right, but they don't need to
> attribute the author if they don't want to, it's not CC-BY, so they can
> use the work without attribution, but saying that they create the work is
> agains the license.

If the legalese of the full license text are too hard, here is another
page on the CC website with simpler words:
http://creativecommons.org/choose/zero/

Quote: "Using CC0, you can waive all copyrights and related or neighboring
rights that you have over your work, such as your moral rights". That's as
straightforward as it could be.

At OCAL,  our policy is to waive the moral rights, to make it friendlier
for our users.