[Clipart] question about releases

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at fabricatorz.com
Sun Mar 10 22:09:46 PDT 2013

Another quick question, history related :-)
There used to be 'releases' (zip files of all svgs) back in 2009/2010.
http://openclipart.org/collections
(scroll to the bottom)

It looks a little dusty to me that there have been no releases
in 3 years, so I thought we should just quickly zip up (+tar/bz2?)
the entire catalogue again.

Now the questions:
Was there any intention behind stopping the releases? Anybody who would
get hurt if there was another tarball?
Which files would we have to exclude? (I would probably want to delete
those from the server first, see my earlier mail).

Currently
select full_path, filename from ocal_files where upload_tags like '%pd_issue%';
 -> finds 516 files
select full_path, filename from ocal_files where upload_tags like '%clipart_issue%';
 -> finds 173 files
select full_path, filename from ocal_files where upload_tags like '%_issue%';
 -> finds 620 files

Plus there seem to be files on the server that are not 'covered' by the mysql
database at all? (like the svgz)

So - proposal:
Delete all files with pd_issue (and clipart_issue?) from the server?
Unzip old .svgz to .svg and add to database.
Find other .svg files on server that are not in database.
Tarball/zip up the whole thing as a release and update the download link section.

Feedback?