A Perl API for dbus

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Wed Aug 11 03:37:58 PDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 03:04:06PM -0400, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > > Cool, nice work. Did you look at the Python bindings?
> >
> > I had a bit of a look at the Python stuff & tried to take a
> > reasonably similar approach - hence the similar objects
> > defined in each API
>
> It looks similar to the low-level python bindings (i.e. "import
> dbus_bindings"). However, these are not the ones I would recommend
> developers use. Take a look at dbus.py which uses the low-level
> bindings to create a the preferred Python/DBus API (also there are
> examples using this API in the python/examples subdir)

I see what you mean. The stuff I wrote is obviously the counterpart
to the dbus_bindings.py code, as opposed to dbus.py. The higher
level API is definitely nicer for general day-to-day application use,
so looks like I've some more code to write :-) For sake of consistency
I'll try to keep the high level API as close to dbus.py as possible
too.

Dan.