dbus-glib bindings

Daniel Silverstone dsilvers@digital-scurf.org
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:15:15 +0000

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 22:17, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > I have been working on a program which uses the dbus glib binding.
> > Unfortunately it appears that if the dbus goes away, the glib binding
> > unceremoniously kills my program.
> > Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?
> dbus_connection_set_exit_on_disconnect() (or something like that, I
> forget the exact function name)

That was the one I was looking for.

Unfortunately now I can't get the blasted thing to reconnect. What I've
been doing is trying to do

dbus_connection_unref(connection); when it allegedly dies, but of course
the glib binding has references to it etc.

Is there a function I can call to persuade the extant DBusConnection to
reconnect?

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers@digital-scurf.org>