[patch] get pid of peer

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Jul 13 15:57:40 PDT 2004

Hi,

Attached patch is similar to Kay's get_unix_user() patch only it adds
the get_process_id() instead to get the process id of a connection. It
also provides the method GetConnectionProcessID() on the bus. I started
writing this because eventually I want to add a some more policy pieces
to D-BUS such as

 <policy image="/usr/libexec/gnome-vfs-daemon">
   <!-- grant something here -->
 </policy>

but I figured out that I want to send this patch to begin with.

A few issues

 - not all platforms easily support this; it kind of require passing
   credentials on the socket for authentication.

 - I'm not sure at all I'm doing the right thing in the function
   dbus-auth.c:handle_server_data_external_mech()

I've also fixed two issues with the get_unix_user() patch; a debug
statement in the test function was wrong and the test function was never
called.

Cheers,
David