[Fontconfig] Re: 'Fixed' font using incorrect font

Mike FABIAN mfabian at suse.de
Thu Sep 4 19:16:35 EST 2003

Chris Picton <chrisp at tangent.co.za> さんは書きました:

> On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 09:19, Keith Packard wrote:
>> Ah, you need to tell xfd that you're using a fontconfig name rather than a
>> core font name.  Try:
>>
>> $ xfd -fa 'fixed-10'
>
> Not yet in the man page for xfd  :(
>
> Now. back to the original problem.
>
> I have found out that fixed-10 is using
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/12x13ja.pcf.gz
>
> How to I force it to use a different font for fixed-10 (without deleting
> that file?)

Have a look at

    http://www.freetype.org/pipermail/freetype/2003-April/006023.html

in that mail I suggested a patch to freetype2 appending " Wide" to the
Family name of bitmap fonts which contain only double width characters
like your /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/12x13ja.pcf.gz above.

This thread ended without a concrete solution on how this problem
should be solved.

But I still think something needs to be done.

Of course you don't have that problem if you don't use bitmap fonts at
all. But many users still want to use bitmap fonts and it should be
possible to select them correctly.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian at suse.de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。