[Fontconfig] Disabling font X for language Y

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Apr 23 07:05:05 EST 2004

Around 13 o'clock on Apr 22, Stefan Baums wrote:

> Sorry, that doesn't have any effect here.  I attach my .fonts.conf
> file.  Putting your lines into /etc/fonts/local.conf didn't change
> anything either.

That's disturbing.  Perhaps Qt is doing something weird.

One way to test would be to install fontconfig 2.2.93 and use the (new)
'fc-match' application to see how the configuration is affecting the list
of fonts provided back to the application.

	$ fc-match --sort 'sans\-serif'

will show precisely the order in which fontconfig suggest that fonts be
used by the application to satisfy various character requests.

> What is the current preferred email address for the fontconfig
> list?

fontconfig.org is hosted on the same machine as freedesktop.org, so
you can use either address and it will end up in precisely the same place.

-keith