Plans for hal 0.5.x

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Mon Dec 13 01:13:22 PST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 09:47:29AM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> David Zeuthen [2004-12-12 23:05 -0500]:
> >  1) cameras; we already support these, but I'd really like to kill of
> >     hal_hotplug_map and get the list of cameras as one gigantic .fdi
> >     file - ideally the gphoto2 package would install that .fdi file
> >     on the system.
> Is there a recommended method of automatically generating an fdi file
> from a module map?

Generating it from a module map is ugly. It's trivial to write a
little program like libgphoto2's print-usb-usermap to generate fdi's and it
them somewhere in /var.

Btw, could my patch to read the files in /etc/hal/fdi be applied (send in some
time ago) :)

  Sjoerd
--
"The subspace _W inherits the other 8 properties of _V. And there aren't
even any property taxes."