misc TODOs for HAL

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at spring.luon.net
Sun Dec 26 08:46:37 PST 2004

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 04:14:43PM +0000, Lou Greenwood wrote:
> On Sunday 26 Dec 2004 13:54, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 01:36:57PM +0000, Lou Greenwood wrote:
> > > Another thing i'd like would be real removing of removeable devices, such
> > > as iPods, so i could get the "OK to disconnect" up and it unloads modules
> > > and removes mount points, currently ejecting leavs the mount point, fstab
> > > entry and modules which mean when replugging it creates a second ipod
> > > device, cluttering things up.
> >
> > Unloading modules is unnecessary. And mountpoints in fstab should be
> > removed when a device is removed currently. Probably your fstab-sync stuff
> > isn't setup correctly.
> >
> >   Sjoerd
> What should i be looking for being setup incorrectly? i know the managed and
> pamconsole keywords don't work on my distro (ArchLinux) because the patches
> aren't in my upstream release. What else should i be looking for?

fstab-sync wants it's fstab entries marked by a special comment. pamconsole is
crap and you don't need it..

``managed'' is what RH uses/used to mark autogenerated entries. The latest mount
upstream version allow for comment=<value> in fstab, which can be used instead
of managed.

You just need to configure the "storage.policy.default.managed_keyword.primary" key  in the fdi's correctly to use that and fstab-sync will work.

  Sjoerd
--
Murphy's Law, that brash proletarian restatement of Godel's Theorem.
		-- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"