Unmounting and 'eject' press

Robert Love rml at ximian.com
Tue Jun 1 07:55:22 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 22:51 +0200, David Zeuthen wrote:

> But I haven't found a way to get HAL to detect that the eject button is
> pressed. I'm not sure it's even possible to poll for this. Of course the
> right thing would be to have the kernel events layer Robert have been
> talking about to broadcast this on the system message bus. Does anyone
> know if it's possible today? Kernel people?

The kernel events layer is ready to roll, soon as it has a pressing
need ;-)

In this case, unfortunately, I am not sure that the hardware generates
an event when the eject button is pressed.  I believe the kernel issues
a lock-tray command, which simply renders the eject button useless.
When the disc is unmounted, the kernel unlocks the tray.  No event is
ever generated.

If I am wrong, please let me know - I'll implement the event asap.

	Robert Love