Unmounting and 'eject' press

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Jun 1 15:19:34 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 22:17, Ikke wrote:
> Jayjay, a big update on this. I did some testing here with my dynosaur,
> didnt work as expected. I asked some guys on #love-sources at freenode to do
> some testing for me too, results follow, and also ow3n (#freedesktop, and on
> this mailing list) helped me further.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to test this. I really appreciate
it :-)

> Conclusion: I hope there's another way to get this working, writing software
> which only works on one reader out of 5 (ok, drop mine, one out of 4) is not
> really user-friendly :-s

Doing the volumagic trick will certainly work; I suspect that is how
Windows work.

> Ow3n tought the problem could be due to (and I quote) "the current test
> using the GPCMD_GET_EVENT_STATUS_NOTIFICATION command doesn't seem to catch
> the eject request even though the ioctl succeeds." Don't ask me, I'm no
> hardware expert ;-)

I have no idea why this doesn't work and it's difficult to debug since
it works with my drive; I'll try to dig out some more drives. If anyone
else feels like it, the latest MMC-2 draft is here (the final version
costs money)

ftp://ftp.t10.org/t10/drafts/mmc2/mmc2r11a.pdf

and here is the Media Status Notification Support Spec

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnarmsnss/html/atamed.asp

which may be helpful.

Hope this helps
David