[patch] remove wireless support

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Jun 1 15:57:08 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 00:35, Robert Love wrote:
> OK OK, so you raise a valid point about some things that want to read
> but that don't need to write.  I can buy this, but to that I respond:
> why not just use iwlib?

Or, preferably, some higher-level netprofile system like the one Sean
proposed on xdg-list and I linked to last week. Really, I was thinking
about applications requiring access to e.g. a certain IP address.

> My measuring stick is still "is it a setting or an inherent property of
> the device".

Mmm.. Remember that some of the devices in HAL are a bit flaky if you
want to draw a picture this black and white; like partitions or pure
software emulations of hardware devices like the SCSI glue for
usb-storage. Either way, it's a fine measuring stick. I'm fine with
removing the wireless detection code.

> > p.s. : I'm traveling the next few days with little access to email so if
> > I'm late responding, that's why.
>
> Yah, Joe told me.  Have a safe and fun trip.

Thanks.

Cheers,
David