hal doesn't like my Atheros card.

Joe Shaw joeshaw at novell.com
Wed Jun 2 13:32:36 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 15:09 -0400, Pat Suwalski wrote:
> So, I couldn't get back to work and decided to play with hal CVS.
>
> Not sure if it's due to the uncertainty of wireless currently, but it
> segfaults on the wireless card.
>
> Output below.

Someone else at Ximian had this problem, and it appeared to be a race
with sysfs.  I don't have one of those devices so it's hard for me to
debug it.

Here's a patch which brings hald up with the latest stable libsysfs
release and fixes a bunch of private uses we were using in hald.  I'd
appreciate it if you could apply it and see if that fixes the problem
for you.  If so, I'll merge it in.

(Sorry about gzipping it, but it's big)

Joe