[patch] remove wireless support

Robert Love rml at ximian.com
Thu Jun 3 19:35:31 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 20:20 -0400, Nick Penwarden wrote:

> This is why it makes sense to leave in the wireless capabilities on
> wireless cards. With this information a higher level program could check
> the net.ethernet.link status of all ethernet cards and use those if
> appropriate. If not, it could use iwlib to scan for and check ESSID's of
> all access points found by any card marked with the wireless capability.
> That would be enough to satisfy your above scenarios I should think.

This is a reason why leaving in the wireless capability is a good idea.

Why leave in all of wireless support?  It is a _lot_ of code, which your
example does not need.

If we need iwlib (and we do), then HAL has no reason to reproduce the
functionality - and _especially_ no reason to reproduce the
functionality, albeit read-only.

	Robert Love