hal-cvs-3.0 fails to compile

Pat Suwalski pat at suwalski.net
Sun Jun 6 21:26:20 PDT 2004

Kathy Wills wrote:
> I use gentoo linux. This morning there was an update to hal-cvs-3.0. It
> fails to compile and install for me. Here is the error and my emerge info:

Hi Kathy,

I'm using Gentoo with a very similar portage configuration. I don't get
build errors like that.

You might be interested to know that the line at which it fails is the
last line of the file. This is generally an indication of problems
elsewhere. You should look through the output of the whole compile
process and see if there were any major warnings or errors that 'make'
didn't catch along the way.

--Pat