.fdi files and HAL

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Mon Jun 7 11:33:56 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 14:24, Joe Shaw wrote:

> >  - What is the best method of creating .fdi files? I don't mean how to
> > write XML, I mean, how do I find the most detailed information to write
> > the key-value pairs for the .fdi files?
>
> Well, ideally we would have a simple little python tool or something for
> doing the XML editing as well, but... :)

I would also be great to have a standard tool for copying .fdi files
from some random location (say, a disc provided by the hardware vendor?)
to the proper location including any authorization needed (yay root) and
a nice GUI that makes users feel happy about life and sing songs for
sunshine.  Or something.
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.