best way to determine devices with drivers

Andrew Luecke worse.off.then.shrek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 19:38:56 PDT 2004

Actually, turns out i was worried about nothing.. phew. for a very
short time i was starting to think that some software, like digital
cameras didn't use a kernel module.. luckily, i'm wrong. I found out
stuff like digital cameras use the Mass storage module in the kernel,
so, luckily, it will work like I want it to (when the linux.driver
works again) ;)

So, looks like I'll be going the way of HAL/DBUS (no more weird usage
of sysfs for me).

Thanks for the help all.

By the way, has anyone here thought of extending HAL to work over
network, like recording the networked devices.. It's always handy to
know what capabilities your toaster has when you plug it into the
network ;)

--
Auzy
http://driverondemand.sourceforge.net