autoconf & hal - install under home problem

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sun Sep 5 10:11:25 PDT 2004

Hi,

Sorry for the lag,

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 12:25 +0100, Rui Lopes wrote:
>  From CVS, and on FreeBSD-5.3beta2.

Oh, ok, I'm not sure hal even compiles even when omitting the sources in
hald/linux/*. Patches are, of course, more than welcome! hal is designed
to be 'easy' (well, it's difficult enough on Linux 2.6 :-)) to port to
e.g. FreeBSD; that code should go in hald/freebsd.

> >FWIW, this works fine with automake 1.9.1 and autoconf 2.59 (Fedora
> >Development); make checks passes and stuff gets installed into the right
> >places.
> >

> Using automake 1.9.1 it works fine. Though, I don't known why you are using
> SYSCONFDIR instead of sysconfdir.

To be totally honest, I think I just nicked it from D-BUS; My autofoo
skills are not exactly great. We can of course change it if it makes
things easier for FreeBSD and it doesn't break anything.

> Humm here, make distcheck fails because it doesn't uninstall
> lib/libhal.{so.0,a}.

Odd; this works on Linux; at least Fedora Core 2 and Debian Unstable.

Thanks,
David