fstab-sync accessing homedirectories (Was Re: [russell@coker.com.au: Re: Policy patches])

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sun Sep 19 11:28:19 PDT 2004

Hi,

thanks for the notice, I'm copying Russell to get some more information,

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 17:22 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> thought you should know: something odd going on there, with
> fstab-sync accessing home directories unnecessarily.

fstab-sync by itself doesn't touch home directories; it shouldn't at
least :-). I think this is because fstab-sync uses libhal which in turn
uses libdbus and dbus can use an authentication scheme that uses a
cookie in the home directory. However, I'm not sure this is used by
default, at least not on Fedora Core. I could be wrong though.

Russell, how do I reproduce this bug?

Thanks,
David